We all know there are certain things we should do every day in order to live our healthiest and happiest lives. And some of the below, if not all may seem obvious - but does that mean you’re actually enforcing them? Probably not! So take this as your reminder, and make sure you tick each of these simple to-dos off your list on the daily.
1. Walk. Try to start your day with a walk, whether it’s taking the dog to the park or having some quiet time before you start your busy day - use this time to take in your surroundings, listen to nature and meditate. Sometimes exercise isn’t always possible when things don’t go to plan during the day, but if you are in the routine of going for a morning walk, you can always know that you’ve at least moved for 20-30 mins no matter what!
2. Eat fresh food. Put all the processed food in the bin and don’t buy any more! Fresh is best! It tastes better, it makes you feel better and you’ll be more productive mentally and physically because of it.
3. Eat your greens. Something you’ve no doubt heard from when you were a kid - but it’s true! Greens are filled to the brim with so many nutrients to make your body function at its best. Not sure how to consume enough greens without eating broccoli for every meal? There are so many simple recipes to spice up your greens. Check out our Kale chips recipe for example!
4. Drink water. Hydrate! As a rule, always have a bottle of water with you wherever you go. Whether it’s having one on your desk at work, in the car on the way to pick up the kids, whilst you’re out for a walk or in the studio training. Keep drinking!
5. Include omega-3. Omega-3 is vital for maintaining a healthy brain, eyes, joints and skin. It helps prevent heart disease, depression and Alzheimer's. Flaxseed is an easy way to incorporate it into your diet.
6. Love. Take a moment to be grateful. Hug you partner, dog, cat or send a message or leave a voicemail for someone to brighten up their day. Love really does make the world go round!
Take these steps every day and we bet you’ll be well on your way to a happy and healthier lifestyle.
Iona is a fully qualified personal trainer, specialising in supporting those with CFS, M.E. & Fibromyalgia. She is also a business owner, writer and mental health awareness advocate, with a strong belief that health and fitness should be accessible and inclusive of everyone.