Winter weather means one thing in my kitchen - SOUP! There's nothing better than making a big pot of soup on a chilly Melbourne day. Cheap, easy, healthy & delicious - you can't go wrong! One of my favourite go-tos is brocolli & zucchini soup, packed with vitamin C to ward off any cold weather sniffles.
2 florets of broccoli
1 cube vegetable stock
2-4 cups of water
Stilton cheese (optional)
1. Dice onions and soften in the pot with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. Slice zucchini and add to pot
3. Chop broccoli (along with the stem - no wastage here!) and add to pot along with 2 cups of water and vegetable stock.
4. Bring to boil and add more water if needed. I prefer my soup nice and thick, but add water depending on what consistency you like.
5. Once cooked, leave to cool and blend. Crumble in some blue cheese for some extra flavour!
What's your favourite soup to make?
Iona is a fully qualified personal trainer, specialising in supporting those with CFS, M.E. & Fibromyalgia. She is also a business owner, writer and mental health awareness advocate, with a strong belief that health and fitness should be accessible and inclusive of everyone.